Menu

?? Trail Guide for US/World Geography users ??

Gamom3

What do you use? I have the TM, Student Notebooks, Uncle Josh's and A classroom atlas.

Do we need the Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide?

I want my dc to get the most out of this, since we are covering history this year, just focusing on geography.

Thanks!

What do you use? I have the TM, Student Notebooks, Uncle Josh's and A classroom atlas.

Do we need the Ultimate Geography and Timeline Guide?

I want my dc to get the most out of this, since we are covering history this year, just focusing on geography.

Imo, you don't need the Ultimate Geography & Timeline Guide. I had a copy that I sold earlier this year because I never actually used it. YMMV.

What are you hoping for them to get out of geography this year? I think that if you use the TG books, do the weekly questions, mapping, and some of the Trailblazing activities, you would have a really good geography year. I would add in some outside reading & perhaps some cooking as you cover different places. I'd also add in a few 'big' projects for the year -- maybe some kind of poster to review different sections of the world, or creating a pamphlet w/ info, a special report on a particular country or state, etc....

Just my 2 cents...

I think that if you use the TG books, do the weekly questions, mapping, and some of the Trailblazing activities, you would have a really good geography year.

This is probably what we'll end up doing also w/ dd 11 & 13. I'm going to order the high school level atlas so they each have an atlas to work with.

It will be Geo "lite" -- but better than nothing :)

From our experience I think that the Ultimate Guide is nice (make sure you get the newest version) but not necessary. You've got all the basics and if you have the student notebook cdrom you don't even need Uncle Josh, all the maps are included.

I found that for us two other items were very useful. I found a large set of laminated world and US maps at a teaching store. They are blank and we can study them or write on them as necessary. Also, I think if you have the room to hang a large map it helps give a better perspective than an atlas. (I love laminated maps so that I can use wet erase markers on them.)