Menu

moving to southeastern Wisconsin?

bethben

Racine area is high crime.  We have family that lives there, trying to sell a house is torture because the "bad" areas keep spreading.  I don't think Kenosha is as bad, or a little farther outside the cities like Union Grove or Burlington.  Homeschool laws are easier in WI than IL and MN if I am correctly informed. 

I grew up in Kenosha. It's a lovely city. It used to be a factory town until most of the factories closed. There are probably some neighborhoods that you'd want to stay away from but most areas are nice. It is the closest city to IL. The west side of the city closest to Pleasant Prarie is the newest built area.

WI homeschool laws are pretty easy but I do believe you have to report to the state. IL is the easiest state in the union to homeschool in.

I live in SE WI, but closer to Milwaukee.  We really like it here but I'm not too familiar with the Racine/Kenosha areas.  I'm happy to answer more specific questions here or via PM.  It is not quite as easy to HS in WI as IL  - we do have to report to the DPI every year but nothing more - in IL you do nothing.

We live in northeastern IL not far from Pleasant Prairie and Kenosha.  Homeschooling in IL is very easy.  Lots of homeschool groups in the area of Lake County, IL.  You just have to get past IL corruption . . .  :lol:

ETA - yes, from what I understand services for the disabled are much better in WI.  IL stinks in that department.