Menu

Evan Moore Daily Math to supplement SM?

dmmm

My dd is doing SM 5a right now, and while she is getting it, she forgets as we move along.  I have made my own reviews daily for her, but I would love something that is done.

Does anyone use Evan Moore Daily Math as a spiral refresher?  Is there anything else that is better?

Thanks.

SM has Extra Practice, Intensive Practice and Tests books in addition to the Challenging Word Problems. I recommend that you use those as supplements instead of Evan Moore. There is also an SM series called "Visible Thinking in MAth" which looked interesting and I am trying it out this year.

I use/have used the supplements from Singapore and it isn't what she needs or I want. What I am looking for is a few "warm ups" that are just a few questions that go over stuff that she has already learned. So right now we are dividing fractions, but I would like something that has her doing a LCD, factorization, multiplying decimals, negative numbers, and a graph for instance, each day to keep her skills sharp.

I haven't used IP in awhile, but if I remember, it just went along with what you were learning. We do plenty of word problems, so I don't need more of those.

The Visible Thinking in Math looks great, but it is sold out and it isn't what I am looking for for this issue. I would love to know more about it though!!!

I use/have used the supplements from Singapore and it isn't what she needs or I want. What I am looking for is a few "warm ups" that are just a few questions that go over stuff that she has already learned. So right now we are dividing fractions, but I would like something that has her doing a LCD, factorization, multiplying decimals, negative numbers, and a graph for instance, each day to keep her skills sharp.

My DS needs the same type of daily review. We use Math Minutes. Ten problems on a page, intended to be done one page per day as a warmup, although I don't set a time limit for him. Every problem on the page covers a different concept, spiraling through all the concepts typically taught at each grade level. (BTW, for ease in grading, each workbook has the answer key in the back, and I just tear it out.)

Here's a link to Math Minutes 5.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1574718169/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1383870532&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

And publisher's website for samples:

http://www.creativeteaching.com/products/math-minutes-5th-grade

I haven't used IP in awhile, but if I remember, it just went along with what you were learning. We do plenty of word problems, so I don't need more of those.

The Visible Thinking in Math looks great, but it is sold out and it isn't what I am looking for for this issue. I would love to know more about it though!!!

We don't use Singapore, but younger DD does do Evan-Moor Daily Math Practice and Daily Word Problems before her regular math program.  She loves it!  It takes less than 10 minutes total (for both), and is a quick, painless way to wake up her brain and reinforce old topics :)