Menu

Loving Science of Disney Imagineering-anything else like it?

We are doing the "Science of Disney Imagineering" Video series for our older kids in our co-op this year, and it's really working well-it seems easy for the parents to lead activities with the framework of the video to start from, and the kids are enjoying it. Can anyone think of something similar, with 10-12 parts, that would work in the Spring?

Possibly the Popular Mechanics for Kids DVDs might work, especially if the instructor went through ahead of time and chose a theme around which to select the episodes. And of course, depending on which level you needed, you could use the episode as only a starting point or a focal point.

If I remember correctly, many of the episodes are available on Netflicks. We have chosen to purchase the whole set from Amazon as my kiddo likes to watch them often. You can get the entire set for about $40!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BQ1S3N8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1382739146&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

dmmetler - could you give me an idea of the types of activities that the dvds suggest you do to reinforce the topics?  What types of activities are the parents doing in the co-op classes?  

Sorry for the hijack but I think these would be perfect for the middle schoolers at our co-op!