Menu

Vietnam Reenactment this weekend

Renee in NC

I am doing something this weekend that will be strange to many, but probably not to the history lovers on this board. I am taking part in a Vietnam reenactment (tactical.) What this means is that I will be running though the woods, dodging enemy fire (blanks), sleeping on the ground, and hoping I don't injure myself 2 weeks before Tough Mudder. I am a war correspondent, so I will also be interviewing the troops I am embedded with and reporting on the battles.

I have never done a living history event, though I have been to many.  I will be very tired and dirty when I am done, but it should be fun.  Wish me luck!

Don't - I haven't done it yet! LOL

I did a 10K mud run a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't really that hard.  I just hope to get through TM.  I will try all the obstacles, but I am under no illusion that I will conquer them all.

Renee, you have conquered a lot of obstacles in your life. I can't imagine anything getting you down.