Menu

What to do when mom has the flu?

plain jane

Ok, I don't really have "the flu" but I came back from dr and I have some viral thing. Chills, muscle aches, pains, sore lymph nodes. More than a cold but not as bad a the flu. I don't typically get fevers when I'm ill so lack of fever is not much if an indication as to what ails me.

One of my kiddos is supposed to go away to camp for the weekend. Ugh. I know this board is not big on keeping the healthy kids home but I am torn. Obviously at some point, this child will be exposed (I was completely symptom free yesterday) and camp is a 2+ hour drive to

pick them up should she become ill.

I don't want to infect others and I also don't want her to bring home another nasty bug to a family that will likely be mostly unwell (I have 3 kids who are not school age and you know how they go down).

I also don't see the need to keep a healthy kid home.

What would you do??

:grouphug:

I don't know what you should do about camp.  Follow your instincts on this one. I'm sure many will chime in on that part of your post.

Mostly I just wanted to say I hope you feel better quickly, and that everyone in your house does not come down with this thing!

Sending you virtual chicken noodle soup, and hoping you give yourself a pajama and movie day.