Menu

A Question for Washington Homeschoolers about Running Start

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

To the question: If your student signs up for Running Start, but is not taking a full load at the college, is he required to make up classes at the high school or can he continue to school at home without oversight, or do we need to submit to the district's oversight?

My daughter is participating in RS as a full-time student.  My son is a sophomore and I just don't see him going to the cc full-time next year, just may be a class a quarter.

You can continue to do other classes at home.  I'm right there with you.  My DD is going to take English, foreign language, and social studies at RS next year, but is not ready for college level math and science and will do those at home.  Note that you get two years (6 quarters) of RS, max -- you cannot extend this by taking a lighter load over more quarters.

You can continue to do other classes at home.  I'm right there with you.  My DD is going to take English, foreign language, and social studies at RS next year, but is not ready for college level math and science and will do those at home.  Note that you get two years (6 quarters) of RS, max -- you cannot extend this by taking a lighter load over more quarters.

Thanks.  I am not sure my ds is ready for the intensity of a full-time schedule.

I'm not sure what happens when you go through Running Start.  But I *do* know that as a homeschooler, you can enroll him in one or more classes *without* dealing with the high school if you don't mind paying tuition. 

I am cheap and am trying to avoid paying more than necessary. But your comment does entice me to look at how much a single class would be.