Menu

Has anyone used the History/Geography for high school?  Literature?  English/Grammar?  We are using the Life Science 7 this year and it has been a great fit for my 8th grader.  We chose this because we thought he needed more Life Science as he had already covered much of what was in BJU Science 8.

I really like the structure of BJU.  I don't anyone who has used the history, literature or English in the high school grades.  Looking for insight and experiences. 

Thanks in advance!

I used BJU for 11th grade US History and really liked it.  Sd said they made the reading interesting for her.  I thought the test were well laid out especially compared to Abeka which is what I used for 10th grade.  I am seriously considering using BJU for history when dd gets to high school base on our experience with sd. (we have a few years since dd is only in 5th right now :) )

I grew up entirely on BJU. Of course, this was before the online option so my dad taught it to me.

My daughter is currently using much of their curriculum via online courses:

She's on her second year of Science (Life last year, Earth this year). She went from hating Science to loving it!

She is taking 9th grade Lit and said she "wouldn't mind" if I asked her to do it on weekends.

She will be doing US History next year (Jan-Dec 2014). Just reading the World History textbook this past year didn't really do it for her so she's anxious to try an online course.

We used BJU's English, Heritage Studies and Science from K-8th (not online).

I recommend them to everyone!

We have used various BJU products from 1st grade on through high school.  My oldest used BJU for chemistry and is currently using BJU for econ.  My youngest is using BJU World History and I plan for her to use chemistry.  We own BJU biology, but SS was a better fit for us.  I use BJU biology as a resource spine.  They have excellent illustrations, photos, diagrams, and charts.  I do not use the dvds or online classes due to our budget restrictions so I can't comment on those.  My oldest also used BJU english 12 for her english 11.