Menu

Forgot I even had a login!

For some reason, I just started poking around the forums and thought, gee, I should really create an account.  Turns out my username was taken....by me....a while ago.  I guess I signed up but never posted.   Well, here goes:

Hey kids!  I'm Tom in Morris County, NJ.  DW is a middle school music teacher.   We've HSd DD 7th grade since 1st using WTM-secular-academically-accelerated (lousy acronym, that one).   It's a lonely task in my part of NJ.  There's much organization in other parts of the state, but I seem to be surrounded by unschoolers and the far-right religious, who have not been keen on a dad doing this job, which is too bad, since our approaches are probably not that different in terms of academic rigor.

I know there are other dads doing this, only because I've seen a blog or two, and some moms know of a friend who used to live next to a HSdad.  It's like sighting Bigfoot -- plenty of anecdotal evidence, but I have yet to find empirical proof.   Someone should start taking plaster casts of footprints to be classified as the rare Schola Domum Patris of legend.  I'd go for that, especially if it involved some royalties... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...