Menu

Timeline Pictures?

fourcatmom

This site is one of my favorites for free historical clipart: http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/

I have tried and failed three previous years to actually keep up with a timeline using a DIY method (or when we did MOH we tried the free timeline figures from the MOH I Yahoo group).  This year I bought stuff from Homeschool in the Woods.  Spendy, but a great product and easy to use.  Maybe we'll actually be able to keep up with it!

Last year, I didn't use a timeline package, and it was a lot of work. But what I did was search Google images for black and white images of whatever I wanted to add to the timeline, and printed them off. The Guesthollow site here recommends a similar approach. Several of its external links are defunct, though. If you're interested in them:

The University of Texas' "Portrait Gallery of Historical Figures"

Bill Ball's "Images of American Political History"

Both of these look like excellent sources for timeline photos.

This site is one of my favorites for free historical clipart: http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/

I have tried and failed three previous years to actually keep up with a timeline using a DIY method (or when we did MOH we tried the free timeline figures from the MOH I Yahoo group).  This year I bought stuff from Homeschool in the Woods.  Spendy, but a great product and easy to use.  Maybe we'll actually be able to keep up with it!

I love this site (I think I found it through AirSkull's website) but it wont let me save them to my computer. Is there a trick to getting these to actually print?

Does anyone know if there are any TOG groups that share pictures for timelines? I like the HSW sets but I find them too detailed for me. I want the kids to be able to add the info and dates and just be able to attach the picture to the book, not the pic and all the info.

Thanks for the other suggestions!