Menu

You know your teen is homeschooled when...

:smilielol5:

And what I esp. found hilarious is on top of his choice of text message subjects, your DS didn't communicate via "text-ese", such as:

"max ad  :mad: ... y it atheena & no afroditee?"

They seldom use it when texting me and they mock their father mercilessly should he "Lol" them or any other short cut.

Ds's AP English class has him analyzing everything he reads which is a mixed blessing.

They seldom use it when texting me and they mock their father mercilessly should he "Lol" them or any other short cut.

Ds's AP English class has him analyzing everything he reads which is a mixed blessing.

My DSs, as well. They are just not into texting, and what few facebook posts they make are always complete sentences expressing well-reasoned thoughts. :) I am afraid homeschooling has made our DC oddballs -- just not in the "non-socialized" way that the general public fears. :D

Why I esp. loved your DS's comment was because I could easily imagine my older DS making a very similar type of observation. :)

If it were me, I'd change this to "You know your teen is well educated when..."

Because I know a lot of well-educated non-homeschooled teens who do just this same sort of stuff. And I know more poorly educated homeschoolers than I'd like to admit.

Point taken, but my post wasn't necessarily a condemnation of non-homeschooled teens. I have two of them myself. My older son recently graduated from high school and several of his friends have numerous AP credits and scholarships, yet few of them would have caught the mythological distinction between Aphrodite and Athena for the simple fact that ancient Greek and Roman literature or history is not part of our school district's high school curriculum. They would certainly point out advertising oddities, but probably not this one due to content. Classical homeschoolers are notorious for knowing more about ancient Western cultures than a person should probably know.

Sometimes our "You know your child is homeschooled when..." threads are just for sharing an amusing anecdote at the end of a long homeschooling week.