Menu

Help Please with specific clip art I'm looking for . . .

eaglei

I'm looking for free online clip art that has to do with Friends of the Library.  The only image I keep getting over and over, no matter how I search it, is a big "Volunteer" banner with "I'd love to help", "Sure I can" and "When? Where? I'll be there" surrounding it - the image could be for anything.  I'd like an image that is library oriented or at least has "Friends of the Library" on it!  Am I asking too much?  Does such clip art exist?

Thanks!

Are you using Google?

When I googled "Friends of the library" just now (those exact words, in quotes), and then went to the Google Images tab, almost every single image on the first page of search results was exactly what you're looking for.  Mostly clip art with the exact words "Friends of the library". 

For something that specific, you'd probably have to pay.  Could you find a generic pic of books or something, and use Photoshop or another editing program to add in "Friends of the Library"?

You're over my head!  I don't know how to use Photoshop or programs like these . . . Give me time - it's something else I'll likely be learning . . .  Your idea of a generic picture of books is what I'm leaning towards and just adding the FOL meeting info above it.  I even thought if I could do a book border then I wouldn't need any other clip art, but . . . I don't know how to do borders . . .  I use a Mac at home and at work a PC - - - SOOOOOO different!  I do quite well with the PC, but some things just simply have me stymied . . . (borders is one; copying photos from e-mail attachments to save to a folder is another . . .)

anything here? http://www.clker.com/search/library/1

you could use word to add text and then save...

I'll check - Thanks!

Search for book or library oriented clip art and then add your text below the artwork. 

What I may end up having to do . . .  The intent of the poster is to not just advertise the meeting, but also to encourage new members.  Volunteer clip art would work (to my mind) if it just added FOL!