Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 8/11 - 8/17

Negin

I didn't post last week so I will update now.

I completed the C25K!  Friday morning was my final run day and I completed the 5k in 31 minutes.  I feel so accomplished.  ;)  I have never been a distance runner.  Tennis only requires short sprints so that is what I have concentrated on for years.

I am going to run the 5k for a couple of weeks to keep building up stamina and will then begin the Couch to 10K challenge. 

Really slacked last week and didn't do any legit "exercise". Must do better this week - I feel so much better when I force myself to fit it in!

That said, all three boys' have been sick with a cold over the weekend so today I just played a couple rounds of golf (about an hour's worth) on the Kinect while the kids were napping and called it good. Will do my normal 10 minutes of stretching/yoga/ttap before bed like normal.

It's been hard to get back into a routine this week with school starting.  The usual workout classes I went to over the summer are right in the middle of the morning, so no-go.  I did manage an mile and a half trail run Monday afternoon and got up for a 5:30 boot camp yesterday - first time ever!  Hopefully, I'll be able to find some time to run later this week.

About to do Ellen Barrett: Skinny Sculpt. 

It's been hard to get back into a routine this week with school starting.  

Shannon, yes, it is hard to fit everything in. Hope you get to run this week. 

I would like to find an ab and back workout that I can do without going to a gym or buying any equipment.

Are you looking for a DVD or just some moves for the core? There's lots of moves you could find online. 

Supermans are great for the abs and back.

Lay on stomach and lift arms & legs up at the same time. This helps with the lower back firmness, muffin top issues, and is a great core workout. 

db677a42644260d8_Superman-Booty-Lifts.xx

About to do a few sequences from Classical Stretch - Fantastic Core, Full Body Workout & Workout at the Office (not that I am at "the office" but I figure I spend more than enough time sitting ). These DVDs have so many options to choose from. 

CS6_complete.jpg

I sound so repetitive and boring.  Run on Monday, bike ride on Tuesday and I threw in some weights last night at home.  Getting ready to run right now after my coffee kicks in.

Not boring at all :). Most of us do the same things pretty much everyday. The key is that you're consistent and that's all that matters. :D