Menu

Should I return the IEW stuff? Please help me decide.

abrightmom

We bought TWSS and SWI-A in summer of 2012. I pondered the decision forever .... We had a family crisis that affected our school year intensely and I didn't crack open the stuff until Spring 2013. My boys love Andrew's presentation and did fine with the first assignment.

Shrug.

I am now preparing for what comes next and IEW has been bugging me. When I look at it I feel stressed out for these reasons:

1. It feels like overkill now as I find that I like using the Rod and Staff lessons, WWE style skills in content, etc.

2. I don't understand the purpose of the IEW techniques. I watched several TWsS disks but haven't recollection of what I learned. I am sure there IS a point ...

3. I never intended to stay with IEW long term but perhaps if I used it all the way thru I'd change my mind.

I tend to start/stop when I don't understand why I am doing something and I always second guess myself. I have also learned the value of SWB's simple methods and it is getting easier for me to see how they can fit into content studies.

Should I return TWSS and SWI-A? I feel so bad about it because it is 100% my fault and not IEW's.

We bought TWSS and SWI-A in summer of 2012. I pondered the decision forever .... We had a family crisis that affected our school year intensely and I didn't crack open the stuff until Spring 2013. My boys love Andrew's presentation and did fine with the first assignment.

Shrug.

I am now preparing for what comes next and IEW has been bugging me. When I look at it I feel stressed out for these reasons:

1. It feels like overkill now as I find that I like using the Rod and Staff lessons, WWE style skills in content, etc.

2. I don't understand the purpose of the IEW techniques. I watched several TWsS disks but haven't recollection of what I learned. I am sure there IS a point ...

3. I never intended to stay with IEW long term but perhaps if I used it all the way thru I'd change my mind.

I tend to start/stop when I don't understand why I am doing something and I always second guess myself. I have also learned the value of SWB's simple methods and it is getting easier for me to see how they can fit into content studies.

Should I return TWSS and SWI-A? I feel so bad about it because it is 100% my fault and not IEW's.

If you're not going to use it, then I would definitely return it.  Please don't feel bad, IEW would not have the return policy if they didn't realize that their products do not work for everyone.

If you're not going to use it, then I would definitely return it.  Please don't feel bad, IEW would not have the return policy if they didn't realize that their products do not work for everyone.

This.  I bought TWSS used on the recommendation of others and decided it wasn't for us.  I use SL's LA, which has many features similar to WWE, such as writing across the curriculum.  I turned around and sold it and am perfectly content.  :)

That's one of the points I love about IEW, their customer service. My suggestion is to commit to what is working for you and return the IEW materials. I actually did that 2 years ago, then life changed and we tried IEW again. It was much easier to make the investment in the materials knowing I could return them if things didn't work out. :001_smile:

We started out loving SWI-A, but after a few lessons it got old for both us. My dd9 doesn't need that much hand-holding and repetition. I bought it used so I couldn't return it, but I did sell it for a bit of a profit. I realized that just because everyone seems to love IEW that doesn't automatically make it work for us.