Menu

Art and Music History on DVD?

We did HFA last year.  I liked the content but I found it tiresome to have to pull everything together from various spots in the pdf and then visit other links, print some stuff, figure out where the broken link moved to, etc.  Also, by the time we do all the "have tos", I'm too tired to deal with high maintenance "shoulds".

Has anyone ever seen a music and art history program on dvd?  Or fully online (just press play?) Ideally, it would correspond to SOTW.  

I would be interested in that, too. Fine Arts is my bugaboo. This year my plan is to do it one day a week, 3 days a month from Artistic Pursuits and the last day is music. I'll just read to them a short bio of a composer and listen to some music. Not a great plan but better than what I had been doing which was nothing.

We did this:

http://www.classicsforkids.com/

Today and it was great. Well, we're in the 17th c. In SOTW and this week's podcast is on Aaron Copeland so we're not synced chronologically. But the kids listened and did the quiz at the end so I called it a day.

My 6yo takes an art class at co-op so she's good with the hands-on creation of art. My 8yo boy would rather do just about anything than create art. I'm good with that. I would like him to learn art history and appreciation though.

The search continues...