Menu

Kinetic Books- HELP! I'm so confused

MunRoLy

I was planning to use Kinetic Books Geometry and Conceptual Physics for my 10th grader this year. Now I find out they don't offer those programs to home schoolers and what I purchased (a one-year license) doesn't have any answers or teacher support. They will refund my money, but I really wanted to use these programs this year.

What am I missing? I heard about Kinetic Books here and am so confused to hear I can't use it as a homeschooler. School starts in 2 weeks!!

I was planning to use Kinetic Books Geometry and Conceptual Physics for my 10th grader this year. Now I find out they don't offer those programs to home schoolers and what I purchased (a one-year license) doesn't have any answers or teacher support. They will refund my money, but I really wanted to use these programs this year.

What am I missing? I heard about Kinetic Books here and am so confused to hear I can't use it as a homeschooler. School starts in 2 weeks!!

It doesn't?! When I tried stuff online, it automatically checked answers. I did hear the quizzes or end tests didn't, but besides that, it seemed to automatically check and give second and third chances at answering that type of question.

The regular product does grade each page, but it doesn't have anywhere that you go to see a running score. To get a score, you have to go to each individual page that had problems and write down how many points were earned and how many points were possible.

The end-of-unit sections have answer keys for the odds only and there is no solution manual.

I have only used the regular product because I had already bought them before they came out with hs editions.

• 3 months later...
Guest twaddlefreezone

See CathyDuffyReviews for a pretty good overview of Kinetic.  Overall, it's fairly all-inclusive and comprehensive, but don't count on it being completely self-instructing, even for self-motivated learners.  The only downside I've found is that if you want a student to retake an end-of-unit test, you have to have Perfection Learning tech support reset it.  I'm currently in the back-and-forth with them to see how my student can figure out what topic(s) that she needs to review without having to guess or hunt through the lessons.*  (I don't think I'm going to like the answer.)  Since my students are obviously not going to be math majors, YourTeacher and Kinetic are meeting our needs (avoid PLATO Learning, by the way).  

*A feature that we've found is a strength in YourTeacher.com

Carolyn H

Homeschooling for 13+ years with eclectic texts

Charlotte, NC