Menu

2 of my 3 kids are ready for school to start...

I'd give a specified date if you think it would aid the 3rd child get prepared mentally. That being said, I announced to mine a week ago that we are starting back tomorrow and my older two are complaining already ;) Actually they don't mind the work, they just keep asking when our next period of vacation will be and didn't appreciate the answer of October, LOL

I know I should give my one child a "head's up"...but they are all 3 bored and needing things to keep them busy....so I am tempted to begin....

I suppose I could give him the choice to start school or do yard work....is that mean??? :)

ha ha, nope not mean. Realistic. Mine know not to tell me they are bored or they will be washing baseboards!

I would definitely start...and I did!  :D

We school year round (July 1 - June 30), but we finished last year's stuff in mid-June.  Originally, I was going wait till mid-July to start again because I just felt like I needed a break.  Well, after a week, my kids starting asking and asking.  I ended up starting on the fly on July1st.  It went great and is going great.

For our family, we need the routine and school keeps us busy.  Without it, the kids flounder around and bug me and end up bickering.  School is better.  :thumbup1:

I say start tomorrow...you can start slow to ease in the one who doesn't care, but I'd go for it.  Or, tell him tomorrow that you are starting on Tuesday so he has a day warning.  Either way, I'd get started this week.  Good luck!

Start.

I was going to wait until after the 4th of July, but by mid-June, I couldn't take it anymore. So we started. With interruptions if swim lessons and appointments, we've scored about half of each week, but that's ok. My kids weren't bored when it was too hot to play outside past 9 am.

Go ahead and start them!

My two college kids have both headed back to school and they are really looking forward to starting classes this year. 

My two here at home?  They don't even want to SEE books yet.  Public school doesn't start here until the 21st and both kids are resolute that they don't want to even THINK about school until then.  Guess that's the joy of homeschooling - do your back-to-school shopping on everyone else's first day of school!