Menu

Galore Park French Prep

Did you mean along the lines of Latin Prep?

Yes, it is. And we do both together.

However, we have been doing Latin for several years so it is more embedded than French for my kids. I don't think I would start both at the same time, from scratch.

Those are my thoughts as well. We are going to spend the first 1/2 of this yr solidifying French (which we started studying last yr) and then we will start adding in Latin a couple of days/week. I personally wouldn't try to do both simultaneously without having at least some sort of base in one first.

I recall that someone here has/is using this. Can I assume it is along the lines of French Prep? And would it be too much to do the both together?

Thanks!

We're going to be using the GP Spanish this year, along with Latin Prep. I am assuming the GP French is similar to GP Spanish.

There is more writing required in the Spanish. In Latin Prep we do everything pretty much orally, and that works fine. The Spanish book stresses that the student *write*, though. There are more writing and listening exercises. It's not just translation and grammar exercises, but also focuses on understanding and thinking in the language.

So far, for us, it's been more work than Latin Prep. We've started and stopped GP Spanish once, but we're going to try it again.