Menu

Has anyone already lined up lit/historical fiction to correlate with Veritas Press 1815-Modern?

HappyGrace

Sorry, I should have clarified-I usually look at different book lists (SL, TOG, etc.) and correlate books in from them into the weekly topic for VP. VP does add in some yes, it is usually one book over a period of weeks though and we like to have more than that.

Oh ok, well you could start with this list .  There are also some great books that do this, like Reading Through The Ages and All Through The Ages.  

ETA:  Just looking at the VP website, it looks like there are 8 pages of recommended books that align with the time period.  That seems like a lot to only be reading one every few weeks.

I haven't done it yet, but I have all the booklets made.  Now I need to make lesson plans.

The Monroe Doctrine -

Traveling the Erie Canal - The Amazing Impossible Erie Canal

Jacksonian Democracy -

The Cotton Gin Establishes the South - Hmmm. I know I have a book about Eli Whitney.

Obviously, I need to start going through my shelves.  I'll find biographies of the presidents.  I have hundreds of books we could use for next year, but I haven't organized them.