Menu

Weird ? - Timeline cards for grown ups?

I think it's good for kids to see what their parents/adults do. One of the neatest things we have done with DD is that we have DH's "permanent file" from PS-from kindergarten through high school, with a couple of writing samples and the like each year. It's been good to show DD that her daddy misspelled words, couldn't always make his letters correctly, and so on (we also have his report cards with comments-which she's found humorous in places-and definitely shows that some of her most endearing-and annoying-traits come naturally.

I suspect that if we ever dig up mine (It's probably somewhere in my mom's house-we got DH's after his mother died the year before DD was born), it would be equally humorous and interesting to her.

I also admit to opening this post because I've come to the conclusion that I buy the VP timeline cards for me. DD doesn't seem to use them or get interested in them, but I LOVE the art and images they use and the visual structure of seeing history come together. DD does better with building the notebook as she does history.