Menu

Star Wars with a Shakespeare twist

I'm getting it. My youngest, the math and aerospace engineering geek, is a very, very literal kid. He is "Dr. Temperance Brennan', "Mr. Spock", and "Dr. Who" all wrapped up in one neat little ball. So, the subtleties of literary analysis are lost on him. I really think that reading a story in Shakespeare of a movie he knows so very well, may help him make some connections. At any rate, we'll have fun. I'll do it as a family read aloud, and I've got a notion to grab a few of the homeschooled kids from our 4-H group, and right up a one act play based on this. If they really apply themselves, they could do it next year for the 4-H talent show, and I bet it would be very, very popular. It's Star Wars too...not really any issues with morality, so I'd almost guarantee that our pastor would let us use the church fellowship hall for a performance. It would be so much fun...lots of work...but, I know another mom who would help me with this, and her mother, if we could convince her to help, has done theater and drama with teens before and has a wonderful outlook on it. She could be quite invaluable. Plus, all three of them plus my mom sew which would make costuming a reasonable challenge instead of a nightmare.

I've really got to run with this. However, that said, did I really need one more grand idea to implement in a sea of already big plans???? :D