Menu

Painting a 'frame' on the wall behind a map - link or picture?

katilac

I saw this idea long ago, before Pinterest, lol, so I don't have a picture of it saved. My google fu is failing me.

It was basically painting a faux 'frame' on the wall behind a map, to give it a more finished look. We are finally ready to do it, and of course I cannot find a link or picture to save my life.

Anyone have it pinned, or have their own picture? It's a simple idea, but I really want to look at it again before doing it.

I don't have a link, but my Mom did this on her wall over her fireplace. She painted a very large area a contrast color to her wall, and then had a wood frame made to set on the edge of that area. Inside on the color area she hung several different things making it look like they were the painting. It's gorgeous.

thanks, Jen, those links look cool.

Katie, hmm, I bet the wood on the edge adds a lot to it, should I be so ambitious? We'll see, lol.

I did paint a sample section just to get an idea - I think it will work, even doing just a very plain painted rectangle behind the map.

I wanted to spend the summer on projects like this, but it is FLYING by . . .

thanks, Jen, those links look cool.

Katie, hmm, I bet the wood on the edge adds a lot to it, should I be so ambitious? We'll see, lol.

I did paint a sample section just to get an idea - I think it will work, even doing just a very plain painted rectangle behind the map.

I wanted to spend the summer on projects like this, but it is FLYING by . . .

do the painting now and get the wood frame later. It will be gorgeous.