Menu

Dual enrolled DD about to earn Associate degree and...

Stillwood

My DD just finished a two year dual enroll program at our State College with honors and a straight 4.0.  I'm surprised to hear that they want proof she graduated from my home school before they give her an Associate's degree.  It seems silly, even when considering her grades.  Must I make a diploma and transcript?  They also wanted proof from our school board that she has graduated HS.  We do report to them..  I'm assuming I need a affidavit of proof from our school board.

I think I might have an answer for you.   I just received all the paperwork for ds to take a history class at the local CC.   Its paperwork is completely different from the university.   They have 2 programs, dual enrollment and accelerated high school student.   I asked what the difference was and she told me that there is a difference but it is very complicated and that it would take about an hour to explain all the legalities. ??  Anyway, she said to go with the accelerated option as a homeschooler.

So, after reading over the paperwork, it looks like the accelerated program is different from any other dual enrollment we have done.   It says that the student may not use the coursework to satisfy high school graduation requirements (not sure about this and what it means legally) and that in order for the credits to transfer to any other institution, a copy of their final high school transcript proving high school graduation has to be provided to them.   That last part is what I bet you are running into.

It's just a form. The college should have one for you to sign. Here is a copy of the form from our local CC.

http://dept.sfcollege.edu/admissions/content/_media/forms/Home%20School%20Affidavit.pdf

The county school board should be able to email their form straight over to the college with just a phone call from you (or from the college.)

HTH!