Menu

If your student works on an ipad.....?

How do you organise their worksheets? Do you preload the pdfs, send them attached to an email, put a link in their calendar....?

What apps do you use for written work? I need something that's compatible with my pc so I can mark it whilst she's still working on the ipad. We're used to using Word 2010, so something compatible/similar would be easier for us to use.

I organize files for my kids using Evernote.  I have a premium account just so I have the master notebooks and can share each kid notebook to their free accounts.  I make weekly schedules and either link to or embed the files I want them to read, listen, watch.  They can then check them off as they go and it updates on my notebook so I know where they are.  One of the benefits is that they can record verbal narrations or ask questions right on the notebook and I'll see it almost immediately.

I should look at google docs for iPad.  Right now I don't have a good* way to do written work.  I've been using Google docs more and more at work but never thought of using it at home.  As far as other apps we've used for cross-iPad, computer sharing - Quickoffice is for iPad and works with MS Office, Evernote (the one I just mentioned), Skitch (kind of like a screen markup app), Notability and Penultimate (notetaking apps that are similar to Evernote but different), Flashcards (just what it says - i create and upload to them or they create their own), GoodReader (my favorite PDF reader that allows notes & highlights), DoodlecastPro (a quick screen/audio capture program), and Pocket (for saving things online to read later)