Menu

Brother HL-2270DW Duplex & Wireless Laser Printer is $78

kagmypts

Ooo, just when I thought I was done buying.

Same here.  I just declared myself done, and then this printer dropped below my "buy price" so now it is on its way to me.  I am excited about having a laser printer, and I have heard nothing but positive reviews about this particular model!

Oh please stop :) I was just thinking of how dreamy it would be to have a wireless color duplex laser printer. Wow. That's a mouthful. That Brother color inkjet looks like a more affordable option. I just spent way too many hours printing my stuff for the year by manually turning the paper over. I wasted a lot of paper and ink in just trying to figure out which way to turn it. Sigh. Maybe next year.

I have a brother inkjet and use it with CONTINOUS INK SYSTEM I just got my ink bottles for 4 colors for $15 total for the set. that is ink enough for 1 year of homeschooling for us printing in color.

the origynal set is more expensive. my parents have a photo printer HP w/ink with chips so their system was $70 but w/ink! (5 colors for them) but the refill will be but $20.

my ink has no chip so my system was $30ish w/ink.

you might want to check for laser AND inkjet to see if there is a CIS on ebay.

the only problem with my printer is that it does not print double sided... but that is my printer not the ink.

I bought this printer a few weeks ago when the price had dropped down to $85 and so far I'm thrilled with it. I do miss being able to print in color at times, but the duplexing and print quality (even on toner-save mode) are awesome, and I was actually glad when our ink hog gave up the ghost, just when the price dropped on the Brother. I had been spending an absolute fortune on ink, even though we rarely printed in color and always used the poor-quality fast draft option. Ugh.

With this printer and a Proclick I'm having a great time putting all my stuff together for this coming school year!!! I do need to get a flatbed scanner, though. Not being able to make copies on the fly is what's really driving me nuts, but for a printing workhorse this fits the bill really well.

Not being able to make copies on the fly is what's really driving me nuts, but for a printing workhorse this fits the bill really well.

The $1.99 TurboScan app has replaced my color scanner/printer! Soo much easier, all pages can be scanned into one PDF doc, I can then print or e-mail or Dropbox or whatever!