Menu

Miller Levine Biology TE- Do I really need it?

Are you using the macaw book?  Teacher editions of the dragonfly book are a lot cheaper, but I don't know how closely the questions will correlate.  I found it helpful to have the TE. 

We will be using the Dragonfly book and the cheapest I've been able to find it is $94. :-<

You might keep searching, too.  Often Amazon doesn't list all the options under one search criteria and I have to input different ways to find what I want - adding in a year, publisher, etc., will pull up options that didn't appear before. 

Here's a cheaper 2006 version, which might be closer to the 2008 student edition.  Again, different search criteria brought up different options.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0131905414/ref=sr_1_15_up_1_main_olp?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373122965&sr=1-15&condition=used

Are you using the macaw book?  Teacher editions of the dragonfly book are a lot cheaper, but I don't know how closely the questions will correlate.  I found it helpful to have the TE.

I found a used "Dragonfly" edition for $12ppd. Fortunately, we won't need TE because dd is using High School Biology in Your Home. It's research based, so the text is just a source, not the guide. She'll the internet and library as well.

Conversely, she will be using PH World History: Modern Era...and the used TEs that match her text are high. Unless I find one I can afford, I will have to do without.

Geo

We used the Macaw edition, which included free online support. The online support included the TE. Not sure if that comes with your edition, or how similar the editions are. If you could find a cheap used copy, I'd get it.