Menu

if you have stainless steel appliances.....

ProudGrandma

what color are your cabinets and your countertop??

We are redoing our kitchen....I have a brown/grey toned stone-like pattern linolium on the floor, I picked out med brown stain for the wooden cabinets and it was decided that a really pretty, dark black with flecks of tans, browns, even gold for the stone countertops. (I say it was decided because I couldn't visualize it and the people at the stone place had all of the information and this is the stone they all thought looked the best)...but I wasn't thinking about our new appliances. I ordered stainless steel...I think, I think black would look better...but our kitchen is small (about 12' x 13'...and it's boxy)...so I thought black would close it in more...but now I am worried that silver will not look good with the more golden tones of the wood and flecks in the stone.

what do you think? what do you have???

I agree with SadieMarie....stainless works with everything. I see a lot of kitchens in my work, trust me, stainless will work. I'm still surprised at the number of buyer clients I have who swoon over stainless (and granite, but that's another topic!) Enjoy your 'new' kitchen. Photos when it's done, please?????

I have stainless appliances. The floor is medium tan ceramic tile, the outside cabinets are dark brown (similar to a dark cherry wood), but the island has lighter tan cabinets. I thought it looked strange when we purchased this house, but apparently it is very fashionable around here as I've seen that same look in several houses. The counter tops are medium tan with flecks of brown and black. The stainless looks good - I think black appliances would make the kitchen too dark. I think your setup sounds lovely!

if the counters haven't actually started being cut, I'd probably rethink it. or do a different color appliance. (though I prefer classic colors that are always available.)

I have oak with a very pale whitewash. It doesn't look washed, just enough to take away the yellow of the oak. I'd restain them a color I like better, but I have a small and dark kitchen. I used to have white appliances, but have been switching to stainless. My new fridge is coming this week. (I got a counter depth. I hate how deep the new ones are. I don't have space to add a cavity behind the fridge to make it recess. I also have a fridge in the garage.)

I have a very dark, claims to have blue (which I can see in super bright light only), stone counters that go really well with steel blue/grays. I used to have a wood floor, but that was recently replaced with a silver shine quartzite after my dishwasher leaked. It goes very well with the stainless.

oh thank you for putting my mind at ease. You see, my husband is a Pastor and this house isn't ours...it the church's. A member has graciously given us the gift of a full kitchen makeover and I have been agonizing over this whole deal for months. It's not our home, it's not our money.....I want it to look nice, I don't want to be wasteful or frivolous, but I was told by the giver to use this certain stone place, and this certain cabinet guy (both places do AMAZING work), and that I am to "have fun" with it...but I am still nervous. So, I had my cabinet stain picked out and my stone...found the perfect knobs for the doors and drawers, had the design of the kitchen diceided on, the appliacnces...and BOOM....out of the blue last night this thought hit me hard...."What if the stainless applicanaces look dumb with the wood and the stone?"....I know I will probably have a regret or two when it's all done...but applicance regret is HUGE....and I didn't want to do that.

so thanks.....