Menu

Piano: Looking for supplement for Faber Piano Adventures (level 2)

My son's piano teacher uses Faber's Piano Adventures in her music studio. My son loves it and is in level 2A and will most likely move to level 2B in early 2014. He needs a "fun" break during practicing and asks me to provide extra material that his teacher does not cover in classes (his teacher asks him to practice some pieces 5 times a day and he wants to play a "fun" piece of his choice in between to break the monotony). I have bought the Playtime, ChordTime series from Faber for him and he loves to play songs like Star wars, Harry Potter etc. He also enjoys playing very simple classical pieces. Any "fun" supplements that will help an eager learner? Thanks in advance.

We pair Faber with Suzuki. It's a strange combo, but it works. My dd likes the classical music in the second Suzuki book. She mostly tolerates the Faber books. We're not as far in them, yet. I try to remind her that it is the musical equivalent of time tables.

I think mostly anything they know and like would be fun. I think that's why the Suzuki book's are my daughter's favorites.

Bean

Thanks! I had no idea that Suzuki books can be used with non-suzuki students! I am off to check them out. We do have the primer Alfred's books and love them. I will look at the level 2 Alfred books - Amazon has them, so they are easy to buy :)

my kids use the Faber and Faber books called Showtime Piano. There are many different varieties: Popular, Classics, Favorites, Kid's Songs, Rock N Roll, Jazz and Blues, Ragtime and Marches, Hymns and Christmas. They are leveled so your child can play the level at which they are in ther regular books.

Music Tree is a new one to me. It looks like there is a "workbook" that goes with the music book for each level. I am going to check them out.

prairiemom, I have the Popular and Favorites from the Showtime series - we enjoy them a lot. Maybe I should get a few more in that series.