Menu

Its fire season....

elfgivas

... and i am so ready for it to be winter. already, the entire fair grounds is full of evacuated farm animals, and more evacuations are underway.

this time, we are out of harm's way, as the fire, and the wind, are north west of us. but we've been where these folks are, three times in the last four years, watching news, watching smoke, being ready for evacuation.... and then just walking away from it all with fingers crossed. this year, we resided our house with cement board which won't burn for three hours, so we've increased the odds for our next time.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-powerhouse-fire-grows-to-25000-acres-20130602,0,2399229.story

good wishes and prayers for all concerned...

ann

I'm so sorry for you guys down there. And summer's barely begun. There have been fires all over the state. Not huge ones, but still... There was even a small brush fire in our neighborhood last week. There have been fires along Hwy 99 near Fresno, and we saw a brush fire near the San Luis Reservoir when we were driving to the cast a couple weeks ago. This whole state is burning up.