Menu

French 1- looking for an on line course??

Hi, I am looking for an online course for French 1 for my 14 year old daughter. My oldest has done French at Potter school but i am not sure this daughter could handle the rigor of that. She is really inbetween middle school and high school as she just turned 14 yesterday! And I am not sure --we may do a 5 year high school with her.

But anyways, just looking for a gentle introduction class for her.

Any ideas?

Thanks

pam

I guess I'm just following you around this morning! :lol:

Have you considered the middle school French with the Potter's School? I believe the middle school French uses the French 1 text spread out over two years, but I may be wrong.

I have no idea how that would be recorded on a high school transcript, though.

I have been thrilled with Mme. S. so I would e-mail her with your concerns and see what she would suggest.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm not sure if this would be classified as "gentle," but I sure did profit from this free course at the Open Learning Initiative:

http://oli.cmu.edu/c...course-details/

You work through the multi-media lessons at your own rate, so it would only work for a self-starter--someone really motivated, or with a parent that has enough motivation for both! :) Its strong point is the way it develops your ability to listen and comprehend French. At first you think there is no way I'm ever going to comprehend them! But persevere and you will be amazed at what it does.

The French workbook set from Memoria is very gentle and well-organized, but I guess you said that you wanted an "online course."

Have you considered the middle school French with the Potter's School? I believe the middle school French uses the French 1 text spread out over two years, but I may be wrong.

I have no idea how that would be recorded on a high school transcript, though.

I have been thrilled with Mme. S. so I would e-mail her with your concerns and see what she would suggest.

This is what I was going to suggest also. Very happy w/Madame S & Madame Reilly.

Jennifer