Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 5/19-5/25

Negin

Got up this morning and wanted to run. Got the kids on bikes and headed out. I ran for 30 seconds before my youngest face planted, and I had to stop. I carried him on my back for a short walk so I at least got that in. By the time I got him patched up and changed it was time to make breakfast.

Ran this morning and then did 50 push up. ~ugh, these never get easier~

50 at once without breaks? Cause that's impressive. I can do 25 at once and then need a break.

This morning I did push ups. I did regular ones. Then with one hand on a medicine ball (10x each side) and also pylo push ups. Those are hard. Did not feel great on my shoulder so I didn't as many. First time I tried them.

Here is what I did: HIIT Endurance some moves are tougher than they look. I couldn't do the jumping jack push ups. I modified with just doing the leg movement and keeping my arms still. I didn't want to break my nose slamming into the floor. Precaution can be good. :laugh:

Then I did: Arm and Upper Body which included a stretch.

Whew. Let's see if I fit in a 10 min cardio this afternoon.

I can do 5 regular push-ups. If I take a break I can do 3 or 4 sets. I have 4 1/2 weeks left to my current workout program. When I restart it I plan on adding push-ups between sets. I had tried it before, but hurt my shoulders. I had such bad form. I am so impressed with how many you ladies can do. Once I conquer the push-ups I want to work on pull-ups.

Yesterday I practiced yoga, a wonderful backbending routine from Yogatoday.com . This morning was a 3 mile run, and later I plan to do kettlebell. I normally do the kettlebell right after the run, but I was hungry. :)

my body seems to be happy I'm getting back to doing yoga. I'm hoping by the end of next week, I'll be back to where I was before I got sick, when I was just starting to add in to my rotation two more challenging practices.

my body seems to be happy I'm getting back to doing yoga. I'm hoping by the end of next week, I'll be back to where I was before I got sick, when I was just starting to add in to my rotation two more challenging practices.

It can be so hard getting back to where one was after being sick. It seems so unfair.