Menu

Favorite D'Nealian book to get my kiddo going for back to ps?

In reference to what Heigh Ho is saying, I guess it depends on the school. My son was in public school for K last year and they required d'nealian and I was aware that by the end of grade 1/early grade 2 there were significant marks off if you missed tails, etc. They said they were using d'nealian to transition kids better to cursive. The irony of it is at the end of his K year his teacher said they are no longer teaching cursive therefore they would no longer require d'nealian. By this point he had already "re-learned" to write d'nealian style so I wasn't going to go back to ball and stick. Anyway. All that to say do what you feel is best, because who knows what the school will do? LOL.

i use the d'nealian workbooks by Scott Forseman. They sell them at CBD and Rainbow Resource Center. When we completed those, I generated d'nealian worksheets online.

This is exactly what I did. My dd was in ps for K and 1st. She was doing well with D'Nealian so I wanted to keep what was working. This year dd transitioned beautifully to cursive using the D'Nealian worbook. I print out lined paper or worksheets online when I see areas where extra practice is needed. Donna Young's website has some great resources!