Menu

Feeling a bit sad and a littler overwhelmed!

After much thought, prayer, and talking it over with my husband, we have decided to try our youngest son who will be entering 4th grade next year in a new charter school.

The charter school is a Core Kwoledge school based on Professor E. D. Hirsch, Jr philosophy. It's starting out as a k-4 school but will eventually become k-8. Each year they plan to add one grade.

I just got done filling out the forms and my emotions are all over the place😂. Mainly because I know it's going to be a transition for the entire family. On a positive note my son said he likes to be homeschooled but he's willing to give the charter school a try.

He's such an incredible , talented(piano), smart, and witty young man but he's also very strong willed. This year has been really rough for us. He and his brother are 16 months apart. His brother really needs the one on one attention because of his dyslexia and dysgraphia. There were many days when we couldn't get school done because the youngest was either throwing fits or just being really mean to his brother. He's definitely a kid that thrives on being around other kids. He loves to compete and likes to be challenged. I really do believe he would do well in a good school.

If you are reading this and you have one in school and one at home do you mind sharing how things are going?

Thanks for listening!

I am right there with you. I am sending my 9 year old whom I've homeschooled to public school next year. He is not his older brother who is the compliant, happy to be homeschooled kid. My 9 year old loved preschool and went to a 5 day young fives program at our church before being homeschool for 1st-3rd. He plays with 4 other same-age boys on our cul-de-sac and he wants to go to school with them. His behavior screamed at me this year that he hated school. I had to cajole him to get out of bed, he negotiated everything. He would keep putting me off when it was time to work one-on-one. He would get angry if I wanted to go over problems that he got wrong on the white board. It was absolutely miserable. He is strong-will, very independent, gregarious, and very intelligent. The worst is that he developed OCD and even though everything that I read says its genetic, not a result of parenting and etc, I can't help but think that he never would have gotten it had I not homeschooled him.