Menu

Another CC ? (and Bibloplan)

wehave8

I was decided to use BP Ancients next year and Apologia Astronomy. Then I became extremely interested in CC. I am going to do it at home so I was wondering about doing cycle 1 with BP Ancients. Should I change science to one of the Zoology books (we did Flying Creatures this year) and do Astronomy next year since CC does Astronomy in cycle 2?

Also, should I plan on NOT using the maps with BP since CC does maps? Or should we do both?

I don't want to drop BP, but am I crazy to do BP with CC? I am just really intrigued with the memory work in CC.

Also, I thought for sure I saw a schedule done up with BP and CC together, but I can't remember where?

Another question...I was going to use FLL next year. Does the grammar memory in CC match up with what is taught in FLL?

Pam

Maybe do Apologia Botany this year? It matches with the first semester science better. Second semester science for CC is geology and some weather.

History is a tough one because CC's memory work isn't just ancients for Cycle 1. If you look at the second semester's history memory work, you will see what I mean. I don't really try to match history with CC but do a brief overview to give my DS10 the extra pegs he needs to memorize the information. He kept asking me for more information, so I had to feed it to him.

For geography we do a brief lesson to show the area we are studying in history but then the CC geography is what is put to memory and drilled.

FLL is close enough. I use FLL but use the CC's definitions (grammar memory work) when I read the definitions out of FLL (if there is one).