Menu

Deals on pencils

I'll admit to being a smidge obsessive about getting good deals on mechanical pencils. Let's face it, with four active writers, some car-schooling, etc. these suckers don't last forever. Nor am I made of money. (heh)

In years past, Target has had a week during which a pack of 24 or more brand name (don't bother with the off brand ones--bad lead, cheap construction, dumb erasers) pencils have been on sale for $3 or less. I haven't seen this in a while (please post if you're seeing something different), but ***BUT*** Costco has a pkg of 72, with 2 leads each, plus two pkgs of refill leads plus eraser refills for about $11.

This makes me very happy.

Thank you for your time. :tongue_smilie:

Which brand did you pick up at Costco?

Hunter has a tough time with his pencils. After writing more than a few lines he has to sharpen it again. He can't stand the sound and feel of dull pencil on paper.

I've tried a mechanical pencil, but it didn't hold up well. I suppose I bought an off brand. It was just and experiment after all.

Maybe a sturdy mechanical will help him.

Which brand did you pick up at Costco?

Hunter has a tough time with his pencils. After writing more than a few lines he has to sharpen it again. He can't stand the sound and feel of dull pencil on paper.

I've tried a mechanical pencil, but it didn't hold up well. I suppose I bought an off brand. It was just and experiment after all.

Maybe a sturdy mechanical will help him.

We *all* love Pentel mechanical pencils here. They are easy on the hand and don't seem to break their leads nearly as much. Staples had a pack of 2 for about $7, not as good a deal as MB but ..... :)