Menu

Dropbox users -- I need help!

happypamama

Okay. We have an iPad and a desktop PC at home. Both have Dropbox set up on them, using my Dropbox account (call it account A). No problems; I love it, and it's seamless and easyeasyeasy.

So, DH has a totally different computer at his office (nowhere near home), and he wants to be able to access files from that computer, using Dropbox and our desktop PC, so that he might someday be able to work at home. I'm all for that, but we don't want his account and mine mixed -- I want to keep his work files separate from my files, and vice versa. I tried downloading another Dropbox program to the desktop, and it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a way to do this at all?

My husband did it by signing into the website rather than using the program. He just goes to Dropbox.com and uses his work info to sign in. It's not as easy as using the program directly but it's the only way we've found to maintain our separate accounts.

Okay. We have an iPad and a desktop PC at home. Both have Dropbox set up on them, using my Dropbox account (call it account A). No problems; I love it, and it's seamless and easyeasyeasy.

So, DH has a totally different computer at his office (nowhere near home), and he wants to be able to access files from that computer, using Dropbox and our desktop PC, so that he might someday be able to work at home. I'm all for that, but we don't want his account and mine mixed -- I want to keep his work files separate from my files, and vice versa. I tried downloading another Dropbox program to the desktop, and it doesn't seem to be working.

Is there a way to do this at all?

We all have separate accounts and when we have stuff we want to access together we have a shared family folder that, being shared, everyone can access on their own account.