Menu

Feedback requested on my son's writing

Random

Hi there,

This is my son's first attempt at a 'research paper.' He is 11 years old and finishing 5th grade. We have not completed a formal writing program, only because he has hated them all. This paper is the product of the steps he followed in CLE 500.

Baseball Heroes

Throughout baseball's history, there have been many excellent ball players. Three of these excellent players are Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson and A-Rod. They all hit massive amounts of home runs and RBIs. They each had special gifts and strengths.

As you hear the bat crack and you watch the ball soar 575 feet, you watch the longest home run in history hit by Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth unleashed real man power. Also he earned a place in the All Stars two times and the World Series seven times. In 21 years, he was the home run champion five times, made 2872 hits and 714 home runs. Babe Ruth was the greatest ball player of all time.

A-Rod is showing that records can still be broken today. His record includes stealing 318 bases, being home run champion in 2009 and hitting a home run 563 feet long. He also earned the Babe Ruth Award three times, the prestigious Gold Award twice and has hit 648 home runs. He made it to All Stars 14 time. A-Rod was the first 18 year-old to play professional baseball in 10 years. He is one of the best players today.

Jackie Robinson is a hero for many reasons. Two of them stand out. He was the first black MLB player and the best black 2nd base player. He was successful at bat 1,581 times, smacked out 137 home runs, stole 318 bases and made it to All Stars six times. Jackie Robinson was a heroic player and no team ever regretted having him.

When Babe Ruth hit that home run, when Jackie was asked to play in the major leagues, when A-Rod hit his first home run, I wish I could have been there. Each of these players has proved himself a hero in his own unique way. As baseball continues, there will be new records set and new heroes in the game.