Menu

Clothes drying racks.....

Prairie~Phlox

Share the one you have and are happy with. I have been drying stuff indoors, had two cheap racks, they both broke, the one I am not fixing, I should have taken it back to start with (I got it at Goodwill and didn't open it for a while, but then realized I had to glue it to get it to stay together, it was a metal one with plastic ends.) not sure if I should get better glue or try and get it useable again or not.But anyway, I'm in the market for something better, but don't want to spend a lot. Maybe I should just check garage sales?

I have two cheap wooden racks that I use for pants or blankets. When I'm caught up on laundry, I ask the girls to hang their bath towels on it so we can re-use them (I haven't had a chance to install something that would hang towels in the bathroom yet).

I have a large umbrella style one that spins that came with the house. (The previous owner told my mother that out of all things she left here, she misses the laundry rack the most). It's great in the summer and clothes don't blow around. I think they are expensive though.

The BEST rack I have wasn't much and I bought it at Wal-Mart. It's the type of hanging rack that you would use as a closet to hang clothes on. You hang pants at the bottom, shirts on top and dresses on the end. However, we use it as a clothes drying rack. Since we hang most of our clothes for all of us (lots of closet space so we don't use dressers), I hang the clothes straight from the wash (shirts and dresses) and put them on that rack to dry. We have floor vents so sometimes I roll it over a floor vent if I have the heat on. I can hang a lot of laundry that way.

I have also used a rolling laundry cart (without the bags - just using the frame) to hang light stuff. The girls loved it because they would roll it around the house to put up laundry.

Sometimes, the best things to use as drying racks weren't really meant to be drying racks in the first place. Use your imagination and see what you have lying around that could be turned into something.

Sometimes, the best things to use as drying racks weren't really meant to be drying racks in the first place. Use your imagination and see what you have lying around that could be turned into something.

Thanks, I already do this as well, with three kids, it's a lot of laundry to hang though. We have hanging racks in our laundry room where I hang shirts to dry. I mainly need something for pants, towels and socks/underwear

I have one like this:

http://www.lnt.com/product/clothes-drying/240997-2404/robbins-lumber-clothes-drying-rack-wall-mounted-wood.html?utm_source=gan&utm_medium=k76919&utm_term=240997-2404&utm_campaign=affiliate&gan_clickID=0004d9753526ebfe0ae07843190066bd&gan_affID=k76919&gan_affName=TheFind,%20Inc.

Mom had hers for years and it has stood up well. Then I asked her for one and mine has been in my laundry room for about 5 years. Good shape still. Oh and mom still has and uses hers too.