Menu

Game of Thrones fans? What did you think of the premier?

Mom in High Heels

I know I'm not the only GoT fans here, but I couldn't find a thread on it. So, did you watch the S3 premier? What did you think? I should have rewatched S2 again to reacquaint myself with the characters. I had planned to, but other things got in the way! Darn it. It took me a while to remember who some of the characters were. There are so many to keep up with! I haven't read the books, but don't want to spoil myself for the show! How sad is that?

Spoiler Alert! Do not read further if you don't want to be spoiled!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

I want to know where Arya is! I know we'll see her, but I want to know now! I've been so worried about her. And where are Bran and Rickon????? Instead they showed me Sansa. I don't care about her! Toss her off the wall for all I care! What's Baelish's game with her? He gives me the creeps.

Ciaran Hinds! I almost screamed when I saw him! I adore him. I have no idea why, I just do. There's something about hi that just makes me want to stare at him. Isn't that weird?

Anyone know why the White Walkers passed Sam up in the S2 finale? I was hoping it would be explained in the S3 premier, but it wasn't.

Joffrey! I want to smack his smug little face. Actually, I want to bash it in with a sword, but you know. What's up with his new betrothed? All this helping the poor stuff is confusing. She wasn't like that before was she? What's going on? Did I miss something? Wasn't she married to one of the other Baratheon's? She confuses me.

Tyrion! He has been my favorite character from day 1. Everyone underestimates him. I get angry for him. His family sucks. I'm not sure why they put him in the dirty rooms he's in. Are they trying to keep people from realizing how smart he is?

Dany. I want to be here with her white hair and black brows and teeny little waist. Also, I want dragons. And I want the writers to work Khal Drogo back in somehow. And totally not because I want to see Jason Momoa with his shirt off. Nope, not at all.

I still miss Ned.

Anyone else have thoughts?

I've read the books so I know all the answers to your questions about Bran and Rickon and Arya, but I'm not telling it here. :D

Lord Baelish has a thing for Sansa because she looks like her mother, Catelyn...who he's loved since boyhood and she won't have him.

Margerey in the show isn't very similar to the one in the books so I'm not sure what they're doing with her character...at least from what I saw last night. The preview for next week shows her grandmother, the Queen of Thorns, and she's a hoot in the books -- so I'm hoping they don't change her!

Can I hijack and ask a question about the series? We got the first disc from Netflix and watched episode one, then sent it back. There was a lot of s3x in there. Is this typical of the series, or just the first episode? We aren't prudes by any means, but it seemed like every 10 minutes, there it was again. It was as if the writers had writer's block and said "oh, how about we add a s3x scence here", then added some dialogue and had another brain block. We just found it really took away from the show, and we were disappointed as we were looking forward to watching.

I would love to hear that we should give the show another try. Anyone care to weigh in? :bigear:

Can I hijack and ask a question about the series? We got the first disc from Netflix and watched episode one, then sent it back. There was a lot of s3x in there. Is this typical of the series, or just the first episode? We aren't prudes by any means, but it seemed like every 10 minutes, there it was again. It was as if the writers had writer's block and said "oh, how about we add a s3x scence here", then added some dialogue and had another brain block. We just found it really took away from the show, and we were disappointed as we were looking forward to watching.

I would love to hear that we should give the show another try. Anyone care to weigh in? :bigear:

If that first episode bothered you, then stay away! There is lots of s*x in the books but HBO has really gone to town with the number of nekkid bodies they can fit into an episode. I recently saw it called "s*xposition" -- why just have 2 talking heads on the show giving background or advancing the plot when there can be nubile young things without much clothing adorning the same scene.

As for this season -- just as in the books, the number of characters and stories arcs has exploded and you can't get to everyone in each episode. Arya and the rest will be back in other episodes. I enjoyed this first episode and will no doubt keep watching, just as I kept going back to the books even though the convoluted plot with all those characters frustrates me to no end!

As for this season -- just as in the books, the number of characters and stories arcs has exploded and you can't get to everyone in each episode. Arya and the rest will be back in other episodes. I enjoyed this first episode and will no doubt keep watching, just as I kept going back to the books even though the convoluted plot with all those characters frustrates me to no end!

Oh, I know they can't get everyone in each episode, but I want to know about certain characters NOW! :D

The number of characters can get confusing. I can tell the women apart, but sometimes it's difficult with the men, especially as so many of them look alike (IMO).

MiHH, dh and I were confused by Sam being passed by as well.

I was expecting him to discover that dragonstone could repel the Walkers at that point, but they just marched on...

It's a while since I read all the books, might have to go back and reread that bit.

Re Margerey, the actress playing her played Anne Boleyn in The Tudors - I keep getting series confusion whenever she's on screen.

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who was confused about Sam and the WW.

I want to read the books, but I just don't have the time. My TBR pile is HUGE. Or at least it would be if it weren't a virtual pile. :D I do know what happens to some of the characters (found out by mistake), and I must say I'm looking forward to it.

When I first saw Natalie Dormer (Margery), I thought, oh, great ANOTHER show were I have to see her b00ks. :ohmy: