Menu

Giant Microbes- toys are fun but webpage was a huge hit!

KristenR

I was recently sent some plush microbes from the folks at GIANT Microbes and I'm currently hosting a giveaway for one here. I had seen them around before and liked the idea of the educational aspect behind them but wasn't in any rush to acquire more stuffed animals. However, my girls freaking adore these things. AND not just the plush microbes- what literally had them on the floor in stitches was the animated versions of some of their microbes on their webpage. My girls literally just spent about 45 minutes cycling through their online catalog. My oldest would read some of the definitions and my younger two would crack up at the depicted images. I just thought I would share that bit about the website for some of you. It's a fun free website to mess around on. Just be warned - there are some "heavier" microbes on there like cancer, HIV, and assortment of STDs- so depending on the age of your kids you might want to skip those. For younger kids- it would probably just go over their head anyway.

Kissing Disease! Perfect! I have a 13-year-old niece who looks 16. Her mother just had a birthday -- I should get her one, as a mother-daughter (or father-daughter!), um, "conversation-starter". :D

Or I can give it to her myself. I'm always looking for a way to tease my niece!

Kissing Disease! Perfect! I have a 13-year-old niece who looks 16. Her mother just had a birthday -- I should get her one, as a mother-daughter (or father-daughter!), um, "conversation-starter". :D

Or I can give it to her myself. I'm always looking for a way to tease my niece!

They definitely make great conversation-starters! I'm thinking I might add a few every year and start an Easter basket tradition. :)