Menu

Pulses/legumes

Night Elf

You're fine. :) Just make sure to get them in BPA-free cans, especially if you'll be eating a lot of them. Beans from Eden are in BPA-free cans; I think Trader Joe's beans as well.

You're fine. :) Just make sure to get them in BPA-free cans, especially if you'll be eating a lot of them. Beans from Eden are in BPA-free cans; think Trader Joe's beans as well.

I have no idea what that means. :) I can check my grocery store for that brand though. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a Trader Joe's.

Curious what the word 'pulses' means in the title? BPA is a plastic lining of the cans. Its somewhat toxic - similar to heating food in plastic containers. its not going to kill you quickly - the gov't says its safe lol

Oh, I got the term from a show called Food Hospital. It's a British show on the Cooking Channel. Looking up the definition says this: The edible seeds of various leguminous plants, for example chickpeas, lentils, and beans.