Menu

Will there be more FLL levels after level 4?

Geek

(I apologize if this has been discussed ad nauseum already. I did spend some time searching through previous messages and still couldn't find an answer.)

Does anyone know if there are additional levels planned for the FLL grammar program? I know that level 4 is coming out this year. Are there other levels in the works?

No, there isn't. I emailed Peace Hill Press and asked last week. They said that they had no plans to go beyond level 4 and to use the recommendations in The Well-Trained Mind.

So much for choosing a grammar program that goes all the way through high school, as suggested in TWTM!

~Jen

No, there isn't. I emailed Peace Hill Press and asked last week. They said that they had no plans to go beyond level 4 and to use the recommendations in The Well-Trained Mind.

So much for choosing a grammar program that goes all the way through high school, as suggested in TWTM!

~Jen

Ahh, well that changes everything. I'll likely just go ahead and use Rod & Staff now; I don't want to have to shift gears if I don't have to.

Ahh, well that changes everything. I'll likely just go ahead and use Rod & Staff now; I don't want to have to shift gears if I don't have to.

Natalie,

I am in the same exact boat as you. FLL worked well overall with my ds and I had planned to move onto FLL3 &4. But now, I am wondering whether or not it is better to move to R&S *now* instead of waiting until 5th grade after doing FLL levels 3&4.

Blessings,

I know you are frustrated, but I just had to say, that made me laugh out loud.

We transition to Thompson's language arts which starts in fourth grade. The fourth grade books are too easy (IMHO) so I will use them along with FLL 4 for the rest of my children. There is a big jump from their 4th grade to their 5th grade books. I really like that I can easily use both programs in 4th and therefore transition easily into MCT which is 4th-9th grade. I plan to be finished with grammar after 9th grade. :)

Natalie,

I am in the same exact boat as you. FLL worked well overall with my ds and I had planned to move onto FLL3 &4. But now, I am wondering whether or not it is better to move to R&S *now* instead of waiting until 5th grade after doing FLL levels 3&4.

Blessings,

Yep. I'm not sure at this point what I'll do. He hasn't had a lot of formal grammar yet as we've been doing Sonlight's LA until now, along with bits and pieces of R&S 2nd grade. I suppose one might say that FLL 1-4 gives the kids a good foundation, has them memorize a lot of definitions and lists, and prepares them well for Rod & Staff.

But then again, maybe not. <shrug> I'm at the point that I'd like to start something and stay with the same thing for a good while.