Menu

Nut allergy moms...where do you buy Easter candy?

shanvan

Usually I am able to find something for Dd, but this year I have not been able to find a single chocolate bunny w/o a nut warning. She's allergic to coconut too. ANyone have any ideas where I can find something?

DS has nut allergies, among others (coconut was outgrown this year, but before now he's been allergic to it, as well). Since it's too late to order from Vermont Nut Free (my personal favorite)... I would (and have) try Target and other stores. When I resort to that, I generally check scan for anything made by Hershey's. I trust them to label for May Contains. They usually have something, but it can take some hunting.

Are you only looking for chocolate bunnies, or do you need more candy suggestions?

DS has nut allergies, among others (coconut was outgrown this year, but before now he's been allergic to it, as well). Since it's too late to order from Vermont Nut Free (my personal favorite)... I would (and have) try Target and other stores. When I resort to that, I generally check scan for anything made by Hershey's. I trust them to label for May Contains. They usually have something, but it can take some hunting.

Are you only looking for chocolate bunnies, or do you need more candy suggestions?

Mostly bunnies. We know about Junior Mints and a few other nut free candies, but I think Dd looks forward to the bunny. It's probably because of the poem we always said at this time of year...

PATIENCE

Chocolate Easter bunny

In a jelly bean nest,

I'm saving you for very last

Because I love you best.

I'll only take a nibble

From the tip of your ear

And one bite from the other side

So that you won't look queer.

Yum, you're so delicious!

I didn't mean to eat

Your chocolate tail till Tuesday.

Oops! There go your feet!

I wonder how your back tastes

With all that chocolate hair.

I never thought your tummy

Was only filled with air!

Chocolate Easter bunny

In a jelly bean nest,

I'm saving you for very last

Because I love you best.

by Bobbi Katz

That's cute. :)

We like Whoppers, and those Robin's Egg whopper candies, those are usually okay, too. Although DS can't have them anymore due to a new dairy allergy. :( Peeps, Dots, hmmm... I can't remember more at the moment.

Hopefully you'll find something good!

This year, we lucked out and DH went shopping in Germany with a friend who has allergies - and they found some amazing things, so I'm not as up on Easter candy this time around.