Menu

Company Lunch Menu Suggestions

We are having a family over for a playdate this week. They are considering homeschooling their three kids, so I'm trying to make a decent impression. I don't want her to think everything falls apart once you home educate! I've been thinking about what to serve for lunch. I'm tired of everything I have to offer, so I need your suggestions. Thanks!

I'd go with a specific cuisine- for us, it's usually Mexican food. Tacquitos, guac, salsa, chips, fruit salad (with mango), rice and beans, corn tortillas, shredded chicken...

You can put out the spread and let everyone serve themselves :)

I like this idea!

Other options: baked pasta dish, salad (green and/or fruit), cookies (or brownies; I would think any sort of homemade baked dessert would go over well).

Crockpot meatballs?

Quiche and fruit salad?

Chicken salad, with bread/wraps/greens?

I think anything that you've cooked or baked, especially if you can put it together ahead of time, would work well. You don't want to have to cook with company there, but pulling a hot dish out of the oven, or having a chicken salad chilling (which you've obviously prepared ahead of time) would send the message, IMO, of "see, we've got it together; homeschooling is not a problem."