Menu

Prentice Hall Physical Science Concepts in Action?

My oldest used this for 8th grade and loved the book. My upcoming 8th grader will be using it this next year. We didn't do all of the labs in the book, but I don't remember any of it being particularly pricey. But, we have a ton of science equipment and materials on hand already, so that likely impairs my judgment on the cost of the labs for this book.

We have the Student Text and the Teacher's edition and that's it! :) hths!

I had the student book, TM, lab TM and test bank. The last two were handy, but not crucial. I also used it one year along side DIVE lessons. I might have spent about $10 on labs the first time we did it. The second time I spent almost nothing because we have built up our lab supplies.

I tried to use this with my ds in 8th grade, but I'm weak at science, and it was too difficult for us. We switched to Rainbow. He's now in a rigorous IPC class and says he learned a lot with PH. I will try to teach it to my dd based on his recommendations. We gave up too early as I was looking for something easier and more independent.

Laura