Menu

Singapore Challenging Word Problems---what's the difference between...

dovrar

The one on the right (dark blue, says US edition) is the old version of CWP. They stopped publishing those about 3 years ago, I think. THey're the ones we used & they're great.

The one on the left (light blue, mostly white) is the new CWP.... what replaced the old one.

It is by the same publisher.

I haven't seen them. It sounds like it may have more worked examples and solutions may be better. You're not going to go wrong with it.

I'm not sure about those specific two books, but I can say that in the 1st level, there is a difference in the "U.S. edition" and the non-U.S edition. There were several topics that weren't included in the US edition and I had to copy those chapters from someone else's book. Topics included Place in Line, Weight, Length, Shapes. If there's way to check out the table of contents of the two books to compare the topics, that might be a good idea.

Marshall Cavendish revised CWP a few years ago to make them align with the S&S of the Stds. ed. I bought the complete series when it was going OOP and it wasn't clear that there would be a new edition. I have been able to use it with the SE but as one of the PP mentioned, not all topics in the SE text have corresponding units in the old CWP. So unless you are getting a really good deal on a used copy of the old CWP, I would recommend getting the new one.