Menu

4th grade reading curr that uses real books instead of readers???

I need something completely prepped for me to just open and go. BUT, I don't want to give up using real classic books? I've seen some pitfalls with my older kids just not getting all the skills they needed in reading because I used a living books/narration kind of learning. I don't think it is the method's fault, just mine. I couldn't keep on top of all I needed to incorporate.

I really just want to use CLE's reading or BJU's reading, but I can't bring myself to let my kids miss out on lots of real literature! Please someone tell me there is a curriculum out there that will meet my needs?

Are the study guides complete with the answers for me? I don't have time to read the books ahead of them to be able to discuss. And do they do vocab, comprehension questions, inferences, and that sort of questioning?

Yes, with the MP guides, as long as you have the teacher's book. Their website has samples and so does Rainbow Resource Center.