Menu

Healthy camping snacks

Night Elf

Dd14 is going on a retreat this weekend. Everyone is supposed to bring snacks to share, preferably healthy ones. There will be a snack table available at all times. There was no mention of refrigeration. What can she take? The only thing that comes to mind is corn chips and salsa. I'm sure there will be a ton of potato chips and cookies. I wanted something different if possible. Ideas?

I always take a trail mix type item with us and dried fruit - usually dried apples, pears, and cherries or cranberries.

Boiled eggs unpeeled can remain unrefrigerated for quite a while. Just send salt along for those that like to sprinkle a little. The egg shells can be left on the ground. They are good for the wild critters who will munch them up for the calcium.

Faith

I'm leery of sending nuts due to possible allergies. There will be over 100 kids there. I'm thinking of going with a chex mix with different cereals, pretzels, bagel chips, and cheese-its/goldfish. I don't want to send too much because each child is supposed to bring something to share and that sounds like a lot of snacks!