Menu

Good email accounts for kids?

Tranquility7

I want to set up an email acct for DS, but I want to keep it "safe" from junk. Is there such a thing? **Preferably** it would use a web interface so he could use it on his own computer, but also I'd like to have it download into my Outlook so I can keep a close eye on it.

Any suggestions of good email providers for kids?

Gmail. DD has a gmail account, but I have it set so that my inbox receives a copy of everything she receives. So far, no spam at all. However, she's also not allowed to use her address to sign up for anything, ever; if she needs an address for something like that, I have her use one of my junk addresses.

We use gmail. It has great spam filters and meets your other criteria. :)

We found out that you have to be 13 for a gmail account. It requires your bday and won't let you sign up if you are under 13.

Through comcast we can set up 5 email accounts so that is what we did for our youngest. She still gets spam but knows enough from the header to delete and not open.

We found out that you have to be 13 for a gmail account. It requires your bday and won't let you sign up if you are under 13.

Through comcast we can set up 5 email accounts so that is what we did for our youngest. She still gets spam but knows enough from the header to delete and not open.

I'm the owner of the accounts, set up with pseudonyms the kids chose.