Menu

need reccomendations for a book that helps..

your child discover where there interest will best serve them in the working world. I have the book Discover What Your Best AT but I would like to get another book. This book seems to me like it is geared for people who already have one career but want to get into something else.

so any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

WHAT COLOR IS YOUR PARACHUTE? is still the best-selling job-hunting book in the world. A favorite of job hunters and career changers for more than three decades, it continues to be a mainstay on best-seller lists, from Amazon.com to Business Week to the New York Times, where it has spent more than six years, and has been translated into 12 languages. The 2008 edition is an even more useful book, with its updated, inspiring, and detailed plan for changing readers' lives. With new examples, instructions, and cautionary advice, PARACHUTE is, to quote Fortune magazine, "the gold standard of career guides." --This text refers to the Hardcover edition. Taken from amazon.com

My oldest found this helpful when she was considering careers a few years ago :

~Teresa

Guest Marchmain

Try "The World of Work and You" workbook by Michael Farr, along with the pertinent chapters from "Parachute" to give you the big picture. You are right to focus on their interests and gifting, not just the "hot" career right now. Don't overlook all the free online career guidance tests available nowadays. Here a a link to some resources. http://www.quintcareers.com/online_assessment_review.html